SERVPRO of Bath has 2 sizes of Ozone Generators to fix your odor problem.
Are you dealing with smoke odors, pet odors, state-musty odors, tobacco odors, or food and cooking odors? Commercial deodorizers may help fight some airborne pungent odors, but to eliminate other foul odors, it may be necessary to do an ozone treatment. Ozone is used to destroy undesirable smells just about anywhere, in full-time and vacation homes, apartments, basements, nursing homes, cars, trucks, buses, boats, classrooms, locker rooms, and gymnasiums. Ozone is also approved by the FDA to be used in food processing plants to scrub yeast and mold spores from the air because of its great deodorizing and disinfecting abilities.
SERVPRO'S ozone generators are extremely effective because they produces O3 which attacks odors at their source, even if they are clinging to walls, fabrics and ductwork. SERVPRO ozone generators intentionally produce the toxic gas, ozone, that is used for commercial and residential applications. When contaminates such as odors, bacteria or viruses contact ozone, their chemical structure is changed to a less odorous compounds. As more ozone attacks the remaining compounds, they are eventually destroyed. This process is called oxidation. Ozone essentially reverts to harmless oxygen after it is used.
If you or someone you know is living with unwanted odors, call SERVPRO of Bath! We are on call to help at 252-923-0213
Devastated over your water damaged Family Bible or important papers?
Books damaged by water can be restored
SERVPRO of Bath can help when water damages your important papers! We can vacuum freeze-dry your special documents. You may want your damaged documents restored for sentimental or legal reasons. Often these documents are one-of-a-kind or are irreplaceable. These important papers include family bibles, personal/medical documents, government/business records, personnel files and blue prints.
SERVPRO Document Restoration Service uses the process of sublimation. This process takes frozen documents through temperatures and pressures that turn moisture into vapor. The result is a dry document that can be restored or reused.
Water damage may occur when a basement floods, water damage from about or water from extinguishing a fire. SERVPRO will help you decide which documents to save and which ones to discard. We will box up, freeze and ship your damages papers with the care and security they deserve.
If you have questions about water damaged documents and how we can help, call SERVPRO of Bath at 252-923-0213.
Cooler weather may cause fires
Even though the fire did not occur in this room, the smoke and soot traveled to the second floor.
As we approach the cooler weather, fires increase in inside the homes. SERVPRO of Bath recently helped a homeowner who left a bulbed Christmas candle in the window which caught a curtain on fire. Almost the entire house was damaged as result of this fire.
How to prevent fires at home:
Most people know the basics of fire safety at home, such as not leaving burning candles unattended and keeping a fire extinguisher on hand. Here are a few more things you can do to prevent fires at home.
- Have your heating system serviced regularly by a professional, including chimneys from wood-burning fireplaces. Clean around heat sources and keep dust and other flammable items away from ignition sources.
- Remove the lint from your dryer filter after every use. A clogged filter and lint trap makes your dryer less efficient, reduces the airflow needed to keep heat from building up in the vents, and forces lint onto the heating coils. Also, never let your dryer run when you are out of the house or when you’re asleep.
- Keep firewood, piles of leaves and trash away from the home. If a grass fire starts nearby, these items next to your home could easily become kindling. Never dump hot ashes inside or near your home; keep them in a metal container well away from your house and garage.
- Avoid using outlet extenders or plug-in power bars: they can quickly overload an electrical circuit. Replace old, damaged or frayed appliance cords, and never force a three-pronged plug into a two-slot outlet or extension cord.
- Store containers of cooking oil well away from the stove. When cooking with oil, never leave the stove unattended. To stop a grease fire, turn off the burner and place a lid on the pan to suffocate the flames, or pour on lots of baking soda. Never pour water on a grease fire or try to carry the pan outside; water splatters the grease and makes the fire bigger, and the pan will be much too hot to carry.
- Consider using borrowed heat to keep outdoor pets warm. During winter months, avoid using heat lamps, solar lamps, trouble lights, heated watering bowls or other such heated devices, which could lead to a potential fire. Borrowed heat involves providing warmth from a heating system located in a separate building. If this isn’t possible, consider bringing your pets inside.
- Be sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. Smoking materials that are not properly extinguished can smoulder undetected for days before igniting a fire. Never discard smoking materials on the ground or in plant pots.
Hurricane Irma now a Category 5
Current Path of Hurricane Irma
Hurricane Irma continued to strengthen Tuesday as an "extremely dangerous" Category 5 storm, prompting states of emergency in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Florida, sending residents to stores to prepare for the worst.
At this point, we do not know if the storm is going to turn northward. Even though Eastern North Carolina is very familiar with hurricanes, we need to take this storm seriously. Many of the homes in our area are built to withstand winds at 130 mph however Irma's maximum sustained winds had increased to near 175 mph.
Be sure your yard is clear of debis and/or furniture. Time to purchase tarps and check on the maintenance of your generators. Have emergency power blocks all charged for your cell phones.
"Some fluctuations in intensity are likely during the next day or two, but Irma is forecast to remain a powerful category 4 or 5 hurricane during the next couple of days," the NHC said.
Irma's center was expected to move near or over the northern Leeward Islands late Tuesday and early Wednesday before affecting Puerto Rico by Wednesday, the hurricane center said.
"Irma is now one of the strongest hurricanes we have witnessed in the last decade as a Cat 5 storm with winds of 175 mph," Fox News Senior Meteorologist Janice Dean said Tuesday.
When Hurricane Matthew hit Bertie County, SERVPRO of Bath was ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Eastern NC.
SERVPRO of Bath specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at 252-923-0213 SERVPRO of Bath
Does Your Home Have a Mold Problem
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Finding the source is critical to stop continued growth.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Bath 252-923-0213.
What to do if you find mold
Recently we worked with a homeowner who lost the sale of his home when the inspector found a large amount of mold in his crawl space. This was caused by the excessive moisture due to improper ventilation.
SERVPRO of Bath was able to remove the mold and correct the rotting wood all within 72 hours from first call. A previous contractor informed him he would have to rip out his floor in the sunken living room space. All that was necessary was to increase ventilation in the crawlspace after clean up and replacement of a joist.
Now our customer can put his house back on the market while we are still in the height of the selling season.
Call SERVPRO of Bath at 252-923-0213 anytime day or night. We are always here to help.
Welcome from SERVPRO of Bath.
As always our 24/7 service line is available should a storm come our way. We are in hurricane season, and storms are starting to pick up. We wish the best for those in Houston. SERVPRO teams from across the United States are there and more are on the way to handle the large amount of devastation. With over 1,700 franchises, we support one another should a large catastrophe like this happens.
We are here to help should you incur damage from a hurricane here in our area.
If you come home to a flood and find ankle deep water, we are always here to help.
Call SERVPRO OF BATH 252-923-0213 anytime day or night.