How to Prepare for Freezing Cold Temperatures
SERVPRO of Bath wants to help you take all the precautions needed this Winter as temperatures are starting to plummet. When you notice that temperatures will be 30 degrees or below you want to be ready. Here is a list of some precautions you can take before or while temperatures are below freezing.
- Bring outside pets inside, especially at night, if you are cold outside, your pet is too.
- Keep a trickle of water running from faucets to help pipes from freezing. Also, insulate your pipes and keep cabinet doors open so that warm air can help keep pipes warm.
- Have a certified professional check your heating system.
- Avoid using flammable liquids to start fireplaces and do not leave a fireplace unattended.
- Make sure your smoke detector is working properly.
- Disconnect any outside water hoses from outside faucets. If water gets trapped inside, it can freeze and crack the faucet
- Never leave children, elderly and pets in a car alone.
Stay safe this winter and remember these tips when temperatures start to drop. It's always a good idea to be prepared for freezing temperatures.