Conditions In Our Area Are Prone to Mold
More than a million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Since mold growth can occur in any home, watch for situations that promote mold activity.
Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples. Wind driven rain is a common source of mold growth around your window. A dark circle appearing on your ceiling especially when a bathroom is above is a cause of concern Check your caulking around all sinks and tubs.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Bath to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 252.923.4357
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans in that area if possible.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bath for mold remediation services. 252-923-0213