Avoid These Common Mistakes Following a Flood
While severe flooding from a storm can destroy your house, even minor house floods can cause widespread damage – if you’ve experienced a flood, it’s crucial to take steps right away to deal with the aftermath. The wrong course of action could lead to further damage and costs. Here are some helpful hints to avoid common mistakes people make following a flood:
1) Wear Proper Protective Clothing
• knee-high rubber boots
• latex gloves
• disposable N-95 face mask
2) Stay out of the water, it will likely contain bacteria, microbes and other harmful material.
3) Don’t let the water touch exposed skin, you could become seriously ill; and worse, if ingested, it could be fatal.
4) Don’t delay cleanup, contact your insurance company then restoration professional SERVPRO of Bath, 252-923-0213, immediately.