It's The Water You Don't See that Causes the Most Damage
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious indoor air quality and structural issues to property over time.
The key to preventing expensive future restoration costs is to handle every water problem immediately and as a real threat to your property. And, using the proper equipment makes a huge difference in reducing the expenses caused during a water damage loss. When time matters most, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform as it should.
Here are a few tools used by the trained professional at SERVPRO of Bath to properly mitigate a loss;
- Moisture Sensors – these are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters – these are used to determine the moisture content of various materials. The meter provides readings to accurately monitor the drying process.
- Thermo Hygrometers – this measures temperature and relative humidity which calculates and creates an environment that is most conducive to drying. When handling a contaminated loss, you need to not only dry the structure, but disinfect and deodorize it.
- Ultra-Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers are used to atomize liquid deodorizing agents. These produce a fine mist that easily penetrates the site where odor-causing residues can accumulate. It can also be used to inject disinfectants and fungicides into walls and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers – they dispense solvent-based products and create a dense fog consisting of tiny particles of a deodorant solution that will attach to and neutralize odor causing particles.
So, the bottom line is this, ALWAYS treat water damage seriously. Call in a professional team like SERVPRO of Bath. We will work for you to restore your property and so you can move on with life.