Quick Tips on Mold
When spring arrives so will the rainy season. Rain can bring the opportunity for mold growth to present itself in your home. Call SERVPRO of Bath at the first sight of any moisture or growth. If you discover mold in your home or office, we are here to help.
Mold and fungal spores occur naturally outdoors, where fungi are the earth’s natural recyclers. Indoor, mold needs moisture to grow. Problems occur when trapped moisture, humidity, and dampness are present.
Common ways for excessive moisture that can lead to mold can include:
- Damp crawl spaces
- Flooding from surface water (storms, flooded streets, etc.)
- Roof leaks
- Leaking pipes
- Poor caulking around windows, bathtubs, sinks
- Lack of air flow when air conditioning or fans are shut off
- Sewer back ups
How to prevent mold growth:
- Control excessive moisture and condensation
- Keeping susceptible areas in your home clean and dryIn the case of leaking pipes or a flood, standing water needs to be taken care of immediately. When materials are wet they should be clean, removed, replaced or dried out. Items that are wet for longer than 48 hours or more may grow mold. If properly remediated, damage will less and costs will be lower.
SERVPRO of Bath will first isolate the area that has mold preventing further contamination within your home or business. Then proper vacuuming will occur with HEPA vacuums and then areas will most likely be removed and apply negative air flow to remove particles from the area.
Call SERVPRO of Bath at
252-923-0213 to help you.